Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) trains frontline staff and the wider community in early intervention.
The 15-hour workshop held over two days teaches participants to connect, understand and assist people who may be at risk of suicide.
The Two Day
As an ASIST-trained first aid intervention Caregiver, you will be better able to:
- Identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Understand how your beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions.
- Seek and share and understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living.
- Review current risk and develop a plan to increase safety from suicidal behaviour for an agreed amount of time.
- Follow up on all the safety commitments, accessing further help as needed.
Date And Time
Thu, 14 Feb 2019, 09:00 –
Fri, 15 Feb 2019, 17:00 GMT
Lozells Methodist Centre
Lozells Methodist Community Centre
163 Gerrard Street
Early Bird Rate ends 15th January 2019 – £155
Standard Delegate Rate – £170